Have you ever kept any kind of journal?
I have decided that a gratitude journal would be a great way for me to remember how blessed I truly am, despite the chaos of the world around me, or even just the chaos in my home.
Unpacked suitcases from a trip weeks ago, broken curtains, laundry piled high, books everywhere, walls that need to be painted, boxes pulled out of a closet that were never unpacked when I moved a year ago… Is that what you see?
I’ll tell you what I see.
I see memories from visiting with family, the calming color of blue filling my space, clean clothes for my family to wear, morning snuggles and teaching opportunities, a reason to make something beautiful, and hidden treasures.
I have had so many things to be grateful for in the last month, I can barely scratch the surface. So these are just a few.
- The decor in my room that can make it a happy space even throughout chaos
- Cell phones and kind people who are willing to help when you’re in a predicament.
- Cool mornings, and beautiful sunshine and bright blue skies in the afternoons.
- The beauty of the water and it’s calming affect on my soul.
- The ponds on my property.
- All of the lake’s nearby so we can go to the beach in the summer.
- Essential oils to help with bee stings and their aromatherapy properties.
- My husband taking over so I could have a long Sunday nap and time to recenter.
- Friends who take my kids and help them enjoy nature.
- Friends who lift me up, are examples to me, and are constantly amazing me. I feel like I am surrounded by sisters even though I technically never had any.
- My bed. Seriously… it has been like a retreat for me lately.
- Folded laundry, Downton Abbey, and a somewhat clean room after a quiet afternoon folding it.
- A clean kitchen so I can cook and enjoy cooking without distraction
- My camera so I can document my life
- Audiobooks. I can learn new things or be whisked off to another time or place as I am doing my daily chores.
What are you grateful for? Can you find the good in any situation?
Okay okay, I know you have all been waiting patiently for me to divulge the winners of my birthday giveaway!
Join me back here at 5 p.m. pacific daylight time for the big reveals!